Tuesday 3 January 2012

Krazy for Kayaking

On day two of 2012 we booked a kayak tour of Coromandel's Te Whanganui a Hei Marine Reserve. Say that five times fast. This tour was booked through 'Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours'.



Our departure point at Hahei Beach

Kayaking is one of my favourite things to do because it is a refreshing way to see so many things that you typically can't by boat or by swimming. I have told Jeff on many occasions that I will kayak everywhere I can for the rest of my life. It is a great all ages sport that does require some skill, but you don't have to be an IronMan.





This was our first time in sea kayaks, and Jeff put me in control - odd I know. I was steering with foot peddles, and after a few awkward zig zags I got it down. I knew I was doing well when at the half way point Jeff didn't take over.




 
Our tour guide Jenny's cafe set up on Cathedral Cove Beach. She made it all. Jeff had a Long Black (A drink that we order a lot here - an Americano with less water. More like an espresso). I had a Mochaccino. A great drink with a great view.


This picture makes me think of the movie 'Open Water' minus the skarks.




The boys modeling the latest in kayaking gear



Overall this was a great investment in fun and like a 5 year old at the park, I didn't want it to end.



No comments:

Post a Comment