Thursday 10 November 2011

Picture Perfect


I am a huge fan of photography. I enjoy taking pictures, and more recently creating photo books. Jeff discovered 'blurb.com' about three years ago. It is a great website dedicated to helping you organize the perfect photo books from the comfort of your own home. The process is as follows:

  • Create an account on blurb.com
  • Decide on a book size
  • Pick out a layout (travel album, cook book, story book, etc.)
  • Download all of the pictures that you would like to use
  • Organize each book page (with or without text, patterned backgrounds or solid colors, etc.)
  • Complete your order (download your book to the blurb website and pay - my only problem with this website is the length of time it takes for this final stage)

Every once in a while I get an email from blurb showcasing new ideas to try, and often a discount to use on my next order.

(A view from the back side. All images were photos taken from our trips)
I have made three books so far and did not pay extra for shipping, they all arrived within a week.

Another bonus to this website is that all of your creations are saved in an account. If you loose the book, or tear a page, you can sign back in and re-print a book - for the full charge of course. Also, if it is a book that other friends or family members like, you can easily order another book or multiples for their own collection.

(A page from our wedding album with added text)

I'm sure that there are many tools on blurb.com that I have yet to discover. Overall, I found it an easy website to navigate and the finished product is very professional looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment